The above video clip features the Solar Roadways vision/project. And, what follows below is Shanto’s birthday letter to himself, inspired by this vision/project – one of the coolest and most uplifting he’s ever heard of.
Beloved Shanto, child of the earth,
The, by the people beloved, Russian singer-songwriter Vladimir Vysotsky sings in one of his songs that “we Russians” have “clad the domes with gold” so that “God will look at us often”.
Vysotsky died only 42 years old as a consequence of alcoholism, smoking and drug abuse.
I turn 47 today, and come to think of Vysotsky’s song as I watch the above video clip about the amazing vision – and already initiated project – of replacing the asphalt of our roadways with solarpanels.
“With solar panels are we earthlings cladding our roadways – so that God will look at us often”… Not a bad soundtrack to accompany the road into the future, or what do you think? 😉
Personally, I feel this is one of the greatest visions I’ve ever heard of!
There is a number of reasons why I feel it’s a really great vision – including the following 7:
* Our globalised world is in need of globally applicable visions – just like this one.
* It doesn’t involve the construction of new infrastructure, only the gradual transformation of the existing global network of roadways that is already in use by billions of people daily.
* All aspects taken together, it seems to me a more holistically fulfilling answer to the enigma of how to supply the planet with renewable energy for human utilization than any other I’ve ever heard of.
* It seems to be practically doable! A protoype is already in place, and the implementation of the vision is already underway…
* It makes use of the very Source of life on earth – The Sun – in a “globally intelligent” way; a way that makes me think that something worthy of being called a global civilization is actually about to establish itself on our planet…
* The vision is well anchored in the life story of a pretty humble man, as it seems. According to what he tells us, the first seed of the idea of using solarpanels in this way was actually planted in his engineer’s brain by a person he’s known since preschool: his own wife.
* The vision makes my heart sing, and it keeps singing as I look a bit deeper into the nuts and bolts of the first steps of implementation…
In my universe, the concept of “God” points to The Light. The Light that is inherent to the – inner&outer – Sun (and all the other stars alike); the Light that shines on the sinner as much as the saint; the Light that is reflected by the gold of the Russian bulbous domes, extolled by Vladimir Vysotsky…
So, as I – in my universe – imagine a planet with roadways clad with solarpanels, I know beyond doubt that “God” will look at us often.
Rationally speaking, it will of course not be more often than now (including our asphalt roadways), but it will surely be with so much more divine Delight…
Just as we will be looking back, at “God” with so much more divine delight in our Hearts, sweetly knowing that we – as a planet of human beings – are making everyday use of an infrastructure that is finally in tune with our Mother Nature as well as our Father Sun…
I’m grateful to Maya who first showed me the video clip, and the Child Of The Earth Initiative (through Maya and me) hereby wishes to express its heartfelt support for the Solar Roadways Initiative.
Do you too – reader of Shanto’s birthday letter to himself – feel inspired? Do you want to support the Solar Roadways economically? Then visit their crowdfunding campaign. And for more info, their official website is here.
Happy birthday, happy earth day!!!